Benefits of salmon
The benefits of salmon are as follows:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that may help lower cholesterol levels. Reduces triglyceride levels in the blood and blood pressure Because these conditions can lead to heart disease and stroke. Plus, omega-3 fatty acids help regulate your heart rate. Can repair damaged blood vessels and skin of the heart
- eye health Omega-3 fatty acids are key nutrients in salmon that may help improve macular degeneration. Relieves chronic dry eye symptoms. Reduce eye strain from prolonged use. and increase the efficiency of seeing things around you better
- Improves memory and nourishes the brain. Vitamin A, vitamin D and selenium are nutrients in salmon. May help reduce inflammation slow down the deterioration of nerve cells that may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease enhance memory performance It also helps to relax the nerves due to the compound. Neurprotrctin D1 acts as an antidepressant.
- reduce the risk of cancer Omega-3 fatty acids have properties that reduce chronic inflammation. Slows down the growth of tumors that may develop leading to the formation of cancerous cells. Until causing some cancers such as colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer leukemia to reduce the risk of cancer Therefore, salmon should be consumed at least 1 meal/week.
- control insulin The body’s pancreas usually produces insulin that helps regulate carbohydrate metabolism. Eating salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and selenium, may help regulate blood insulin. increase metabolic energy Increase the efficiency of food absorption and prevent high blood sugar levels to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
Possible dangers from eating salmon
Salmon may be contaminated with mercury produced by methylation. (Methylation) from bacteria that react with mercury in water. Although salmon is contaminated with small amounts of mercury. But if eating daily until the mercury level in the blood is higher than 5.8 micrograms / liter It may cause nervous system damage. muscle weakness breathing problems mood swings abnormal movement impaired vision and communication
People who should avoid eating foods contaminated with mercury include:
- children under 7 years old
- woman planning pregnancy being pregnant and during breastfeeding
Also, be careful about eating raw salmon or seafood. According to a study by UFABET, seafood may contain parasites, sea worms, parasites. That can affect the gastrointestinal tract and intestines, leading to food poisoning .
There is also controversy about farme. They may contain chemicals call dioxins and antibiotics that cause cancer. Babies may be born with birth defects if pregnant women eat farmed rather than wild. If possible, it is best to eat wild. and cooked every time should not be eaten raw but how The US Food and Drug Administration said If you do not control the consumption of wild in the right amount. It may result in health risks as well.